Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 57 - San Roque 7/15/2012

so this week has been good we got a lot done wednesday i had exchanges again but different this time since the elder i was with is now in tacloban because he is done with his 2 years and is going home so it was a really good day we got 7 refferals and were able to teach a few people too and all of them came to church but thing i want to share today is i feel really sad right now my companion is changing but i feel sad that this is more than likely my last week here we find out wednesday who is transfering and i am really nervouse even though i am almost possative i am transfering but that can always change sunday was probably the best day i have had on my mission we had 78 attendance and last week was 72 so im super happy it is still climbing we called tons of new people to primary and a new sunday school president and then my branch president chose the intermidiate hymn and t was till we meet and everyone looked at me because i hadnt told them that transfer day was coming and they all came to me after sacrament meeting asked me for remembrances or things like pictures or just anything from me because they all now think i am transfering and its not fun but we had a meeting after church about the semi-anual audit and the members kept texting me asking me to stop by their houses this week so they can see me before i leave i was close to crying almost the whole day and then after me and our branch president counted the tithing we reviewed the peper work for a girl to go on a mission and then went to visit some members that didnt come to church and one i reactivated and then he did something and was afraid to come back and when i went to visit him he told me not to transfer because he was done repenting and ready to come back to church and i just thought of all the things i have done with that family i gave their first ever family prayer because the dad wanted me to do and now i might never really see him come back and when we got home my companion cook dinner and i just sat for a minute and started thinking about what do i do know if he goes inactive again and i thought ill just read and i opened my scriptures to a random page and it was mathew 13 and i read about the parable of the sower and the part about leaving then on good sod and the grew one hundred fold and things like that i was just like wow and i felt so much better knowing that i had done what i needed to do to leave him on good sod where he can continue to grow forever and i just want to let you all know my testimony has really grown a lot in this place and i now feel like it doesnt matter if i am still here because i have left these members on good sod and they can now grow on thier own because of the things i have learned about this chuch and gospel and shared with them and i cant wait to go home i recieved revelation the other day and i feel like i am here to help these people to become the future leaders of the church in the Philippines and i am learning how to bring new people in so that i can go and help those branches in our stake to grow and i cant wait to go home and be able to use all the things i have learned and that i am going to learn in the next year and use them for the rest of my life well that is all for now i love you all and i know you all are Gods children and that he loves you and wants you all to return to his presence and all you need to do is follow his commandments and your life will be better than you ever thought possible and you will find joy in this life and the life to come so for now this may be my last time emailing from san roque but i love it here and know what i am doing is the right thing

No comments: