Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 26 - Memphis

This week requires 2 posts, one from the Memphis point of view, and then next will be Zac's regular letter.

On Tuesday afternoon Dec. 6th Jim and I went to Costco.  On the way home my cell phone rang and it was Kamrie.  She informed me that the mission president had just called!  WHAT!  I asked what he wanted and she said he wanted to talk to us, and would call back at 6:00.  This was at 3:45!  So for agonizing hours I tried to imagine all the different scenarios the mission president would be calling us. Then finally at 6:45 the call came.  Jim answered and a few minutes into the call I got a thumbs up!  He had fractured his elbow and had a displaced radial head.  He was going to need surgery and pins, and would stay in the mission home for about a month.  We were told by the mission president that he had been hit by a car!

I finally found the mission presidents email and asked him for more information.  Like when would he have surgery, etc.  Here is our correspondence.



President Andaya,
I hope this email reaches you.  I'm sure you can understand my concern for my son.  While I have faith that Heavenly Father will watch out for him.  And I know you will make sure he is well taken care of.  As a mother thousands of miles away, it is very difficult to not know what is happening.  If you could please update us on the situation.  Has he had the surgery, did it go ok? Is doing alright?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Perhaps you could make an exception and allow him to email us.

Thank you for looking after him.

Amy Coontz

Dear Sister Coontz,

       Thank you for sending us e-mail. We were able to coordinate with the doctor who specialized in that kind of surgery. He has a fractured in his right elbow, displaced radial head. The application was of long arm posterior mold. The recommendation of the doctor, plan to open reduction pinning radial head. It takes 3 weeks to 1 month healing process and after that he can move his arm. We will give you an update  what happen to his surgery. Elder Coontz is a fine missionary and hard working too.

President Andaya
 (How was that for clearing things up)


Can you tell us when Zac will be having surgery?

Amy

He will have his surgery this afternoon at 4pm (10 December 2011). They will put screw as per recommended by Doctor Caboboy. I will update you. Thank you.

 Dear Sister Coontz,

Elder Coontz undergone surgery this evening at 6:30pm and his condition is better and already in his room for 2 hours in recovery room. The doctor used screw rather that pin. He is now fine and on Monday he can discharge and attend the Christmas Conference. Sending a picture after the surgery.

President Andaya


No comments: