Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 90 - Bonbon 3/4/2013

so to start happy anniversary and Dad happy birthday i love you.well i have excellent news we had both of our missionary aged investigators interviews on Saturday and they will both be baptized this coming Saturday I'm so excited they are so awesome and then we will be having some pretty hectic scheduling going on because we are in tacloban right now for zone leaders council and then we will get home on Wednesday at like 3 in the morning the Thursday we will start our exchanges and and Friday all day we will be working with the mondragon elders and then Saturday morning we have to do an interview prepare our baptism attend pec and do a little work in the after noon and then because of the new transfer date change next week is transfer week. a 4 week transfer is ridiculous it just started and now its over but it'll be ok in the end. so my Elder Myers keeps counting down for me and reminding me how much time i have left and it still hasn't hit me yet that this is actually going to end but ill let you count for your selves because i always for get what day it is let alone be able to count weeks but this week was really good we were able to have 2 companion exchanges one with lavezares and another with San Isidro  crazy I'm so tired we never get to bed on time no matter how hard i try after the evaluation and everything i still have to update the area book and rescue and retention binder then we have to update our zone leaders binder for the exchange then write in our journals and go to bed and we usually don't get to sleep until 11 or so then we always get up early the next day to see the elders off as they go back to their area then we just have had a crazy schedule lately teaching tons and doing lots of finding on the way here last night we rode vans for about 6 hours and on the last van from catbalogan to tacloban me and elder myers weren't able to sit next to each other and so i decided i needed to talk to the people around me but i was worried about how to start talking to him i know he had a good job because he had a nice phone and every phone call he got he spoke a different language like cebuano or warry or tagalog or even just different dialects so the whole time i was just thinking to my self what can i say and then i got a phone call from one of the elders in our zone who just happens to be filipino so we spoke warray warry so then the man heard me and started talking to me and i was able to share a quick message with him and then we just talked for about an hour about his job and about our job as missionaries and he told me he loves missionaries and loves talking to them so i got his name where he lives and his phone number for sister that are assigned where he lives and i sent it to the assistants then the man got off and the man sitting on the other side of me told me he is from bobon and he is actually really good friends with a member that is a police officer and so i talked to that man and got his address it was just so cool i was excited just to share the gospel even if it wouldn't lead to helping my area but i know that because i was willing to share in behalf of those other missionaries that the Lord blessed me with a new investigator as well i just love this work and seeing the things that come from sharing the gospel mom you asked about testimony i truly feel i had no testimony when i left on my mission i felt like i was just going to get away from the life i had and have some fun but then i learned something and that knowledge began to change in to more than just knowledge of my brain but i started to feel the spirit behind what i knew i have seen the effects of simply sharing my testimony with random people i meet my theory is its the most important thing to me the way i can show that to others is be sharing it and it reminds me of a quote in preach my gospel i think its on the last page of chapter one it is a list of quotes from the prophets of the church but george albert smith says that exaltaion depends on whether or not we shared the joy of the gospel with others and for me that is amazing just our words can change the lives of others i have seen people go from drinking smoking and having girlfriends even though they are married to becoming active full tithe payers all because me and my companion were willing to share our testimonies a persons testimony determines his or her happiness in this life i know that is true i don't think i have been more happy in my entire life than i am now and all because of the testimony i have gained over these two years well im running low on time but i want you to know i love you all and that my testimony right now is about all i can that is mine all of my cloths and things aren't mine they are things given to me but my testimony is something that i actually worked for and i will never leave it well my only advise to every one i teach is if you want to know you have to ask and then look for the answer in the scripture prayer and scripture study are the base to growing a testimony it can soften hearts and and humble anyone all we have to do is give our time to Him and he will do the rest. oh and thank you Grandpa for the email i actually think its amazing that you are working in the family history center

No comments: