Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 20 - Dulag 10/30/2011

so to start off i forgot something last week. Wednesday night we came home and i was using the phone for something while elder andrus was doing something else. he went out back and i had this feeling which i have had a few times before in my life and every time something bad happened!  like i tore my ACL! so there was no way i was ignoring it.  it said leave. so i realized i couldn't hear elder andrus any more so as i walked out back i grabbed the kitchen knife and walked out side. he was just burning our trash but i still had the feeling so i went inside and he came in right after me. and i locked all the doors while he was in our room and he came back out and was like what are you doing?  i said somethings bothering me and he said like what, i said i don't feel safe, he kind of thought i was being paranoid but he was nice about it and sang a hymn. i told him i feel like we need to leave but i don't know where to go. he said, i feel the same thing now, we will go to tolosa. so he texted the zone leaders said a prayer and asked them to as well that we would find a ride at 9 at night, and they called back and said don't worry you will get a ride. so then we went to a members restaurant in dulag and got one of her employees, who is also a member, and went to the highway to wait for a van. then he said sister yepeze's daughter can give you a ride on her motor.  ok, so we went and she wasn't there. he said oh i have a friend but it will cost 150 pesos. ok, so then we got a ride and it was super fast and the farther we got from dulag the better i felt. yay, it was a fun experience and i know the lord looks out for his missionaries.

so really this week we just got a lot of potential investigators. we did lots of walking and not a lot of teaching. but the main thing was we went on splits with the A.P.s.  i work with elder top in dulag and elder andrus went to tacloban with elder agustine it was amazing. he taught me an amazing way to plan the day and gave me a lot of other planning tips and keeps asking me if I'm ready to train.  i always say no but they all tell me i can, oh well. (this means he would have a companion that has been out a shorter amount of time than him, and he will be responsible for training him) and elder andrus keeps saying he feels like he is going to transfer, noooooo! oh well, it has to happen eventually. so during my time with elder top he had me crying during companionship study. (I'm sure this was crying because he was touched by what they were studying, not because he was being treated badly)  and while we where planning for an appointment that we didn't even end up teaching he asked me if i had ever asked god if he loved me? and i said no.  he said well how do you know then, i said well i don't know, he loves everyone right? so then he said ok right now! we knelt and he had me pray and ask God if he loved me, and asked me not to open my eyes until i got an answer, and don't doubt or it wont come. so as i was asking i just felt happy and i knew, so after i said amen i still just sat for a second and opened my eyes and said thank you.  he is an amazing missionary and i am really going to miss him when he goes home in 10 days. darn! and i just barely got to know him.

oh and i forgot i had splits with the district leader on wed and got to go to his area in abuyog and they speak cebuano in one half and warry warry in the other half! yay! i got to speak cebuano almost all day,  it was amazing i still understand and i was able to still speak some. i love that we are able to have the gift of tongues. well i sent tyler a letter and in it i kind of talked about why this language can be hard at times and you will see why word can be spelled exactly the same just with stress on different letters and and have a totally different meaning.  but luckily i haven't had to many mess ups because of that   but all in all a great week and i cant wait I've almost been gone for 5 months now and its amazing i cant believe its going so fast i feel like i just wrote you like 3 days ago and i cant wait to be able to talk to you all at christmas. i love you and pray for you everyday and i hope you all know i want to be the best i can here in the mission and leave it better than i found it and I'm glad that's something you have taught me in my life, thank you.

No comments: