Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 4 - MTC 7/12/2011

ok so as i have gone through my last week with mason here in the mtc its been kinda crazy, he left this morning at 5, its so rediculous to see people come and go, I'm so ready to just go and be in the philippines.  i got my package, aunt leslie brought me a package last week but still don't have my jeans. I'm hoping they are here today i was kinda hoping to get a pair of my vans as well but i forgot to put that in last week. but aunt leslie has a pair so maybe she'll send them.
this week is my last week to be teaching in english. I'm getting nervous. we have to teach the investigator how to pray in cebuano this week its going to be crazy but i know we can do it. I'm getting so much better at making sentences and learning so many words, i never even thought it was possible to learn this fast and the new program they have is ridiculous. we are testing the cebuano program out to correct errors, but its still so amazing how fast we are able to learn i know that we had to have truly been called of god to speak this language or else i don't know that i would be able to learn it. the lord is so amazing in all that he does with the missionaries in the church.
thank you grandma for the scripture its amazing.
i really would like some pictures of family for anyone who is willing to send pictures. any family would be great, i can use it to practice and i was told the Filipino people love seeing what its like in America. so it would be nice to have pictures of some cool stuff. we will be able to use them in our lessons to get peoples attention.
i cant wait till porter gets here next week just 8 more days, i dont think he will have gym with me its mostly Asian and like Slovakian missionaries with our gym and meal times, and the english people in their district. but I'm sure I'll find him at some point. the days are really starting to blend together, the weeks go fast but the days are long. gym time is such an amazing time to just get out any frustration even though its only 50 min and the gym has been closed all week. beach volley ball has been so cool.
aunt angela sorry there are no periods or anything i just don't worry about it because i only have so much time and thanks for the letter its so cool to hear from everyone.
just 5 more weeks and its off to the Philippines. our older district left last night at 5 and they won't be in the Philippines until like 9 tonight and it will be Wednesday there. its crazy!
so we get 2 new english districts this week and and in three weeks we get 21 new cebuano speakers. i cant wait to watch them learn with the new program and see the joy it brings them as well. i know the lord loves us and wants us to bring his word to all the world and i just cant wait to finally teach some real Filipino people. oh and i don't know if you made a plaque for me or not but ill try to send a pic. and my favorite scripture i found while reading in heleman,  its ch 5:6.  i really love this verse and many others of course but i have been able to memorize so many scriptures since i got here its so cool. if only it were always this easy.
i love it here and i love you all. keep the letters coming its so amazing to here from everyone and i hope I'm able to write you all back but my days are busy. so until next week ill be praying for you all and hope you are all safe thank you

No comments: