Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 2 Letter - MTC

(this one came in the mail, so probably was written before the last one!  I plan on having this blog made into a book for him so that is another reason for typing these letters.)


I want to thank everyone for all the letters, it has been such a joy to hear from you all.  I saw Mason in today while I was in line for lunch but waited to get my food and by the time I got it he had left, maybe tomorrow.

So as we are learning to pray in Cebuano it is very difficult to switch to the english for stuff we don't know, and back to Cebuano.  It gets me every time.

But there are 100 or so new mission presidents here this week so things are kind of odd, and there are rumors of the prophet speaking .  It will be nindot (awesome).

And Grandma, my kauban (compannion) is from Frankston and the other elder in my room, who is originally from Australia, was born in Melbourne.


There are 8 people in my district, of the 8, 4 are going to Tacloban, and others are going to Cebu.  We taught our first lesson today and we were both nervous.  But luckily when Elder Mits is nervous he talks more and I talk fast so we still got our time and point.  Luckily this lesson was in english, but we had to get to know the investigators in Cebuano.

Sorry if my spelling is a little off, in Cebuano it's all spelled phonetically, so I've kinda gotten used to it.
(this is a picture of a picture, sorry for the poor quality)

No comments: